Have a look at this informative video. Feel free to contact us with any of your questions.
What does the church of Christ believe in?
What does the church of Christ believe in?In this article I will share with you 10 things the ” church of Christ believe in”, as people say. I remember years ago on a contracting job. The guys would always have questions about what I believe. They would bring up specific subjects. OK Grady what do you believe about that subject? I would try to give them a Bible answer. That’s what I will do here as well.
1. The Bible is the word of God. PERIOD! We don’t believe the Bible contains the word of God, we believe the Bible is the word of God.2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. All of the Bible is inspired.
2. The church of Christ is the only church Jesus promised to build. I know many won’t like this, but God’s word is still true. There are so many denominations that you can’t find in the Bible. Where did man get the authority to build a church? Matthew 16:18. And I tell you that thou art Peter,and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.
3. The church of Christ members believe that God is Spirit and when we worship him we worship in spirit and truth. In the denominational world you worship God anyway you want. God will accept anything. Bible students know that this is not true. In the Lord’s church we Sing, non instrumental. We have no authority for mechanical instruments of music in worship. We pray,
Thessalonians 5:17. We preach God’s word. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Timothy 4:2. Give of our means and partake of the communion on the first day of the week. Act 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.
4. The church of Christ believe in Jesus Christ. This should be number one. Christ is the only hope for mankind. Sin separates mankind from God. Isaiah 59:1-2. Jesus is the only way we can be reconciled to God.
5. Baptism for the remission of sins. I don’t understand why people have a problem with baptism. Repent and be baptized for the remission or forgiveness of Sins. Act 2:38. Repent and be baptized for a brand new Mercedes. It’s so clear. It’s not baptism only, but it’s baptism with faith, repentance, confession. You must be taught correctly to obey properly.
6. There is only one reverend. Psalms 111:9 Holy and reverend is his name. He was the one who sent redemption to his people. He was the one who commanded his covenant forever. No sinful man or woman should wear God’s title. Aint that much respect in the world. Sorry.
7. Men are pastors and preachers in the churches of Christ. 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. He must be the husband of one wife….Ladies can’t meet this qualification. I think I have heard every argument from there are no men to God used a donkey. God’s word is still right.
8. The Father son and the Holy Spirit. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. I john 5:7
9. God requires all men to repent. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent..Acts 17:30. Why do people say just believe? We must repent of our sins. Repentance is turning away from our sins and turning to God.
10. The church of Christ believe in one faith. Did you know there are 48,000 denominations in the world today? That number is probably too small. Men have stated religious faiths and organizations that you can not find in the Bible. Paul, the apostle, warned the elders of Ephesus that men would draw away disciples after themselves, instead of following Christ.
I’m not speaking for every congregation of the church of Christ. But I am speaking for the word of God. I have given you scriptures for the statements above.